Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® Diplomate in Asian Bodywork Therapy, (NCCAOM)
514 E. Sedgwick St. Rear, Philadelphia, PA 19119 215-247-1228 Email: email@example.com
CEU CLASSES AND SESSIONS AVAILABLE
“Jin Shin Do” means “The Way of the Compassionate Spirit.” Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® classes teach the use of gentle yet deep finger pressure on specific acu-points and verbal Body Focusing techniques, to help release “armoring” or chronic tension, balance the “Qi” or energy, and improve vitality. This clothes-on method helps relieve stress- and trauma- related problems. A unique synthesis of a traditional Japanese acupressure technique, classic Chinese acu-theory, Taoist philosophy, Qigong (breathing and exercise techniques), Reichian segmental theory and principles of Ericksonian psychotherapy, it is recognized as a major form of Asian Bodywork Therapy (by NCCAOM & AOBTA® among others). Originated by psychotherapist Iona Teeguarden, JSD® promotes a pleasant trancelike state, in which one can relax and move out of the head and into the body, accessing feelings and inner wisdom.
Module I (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Bodymind Awareness)
STEPHEN TEACHES THE FOLLOWING CLASSES:
1) Module One: Basic Class
* To locate 55 powerful acu-points with anatomical detail and individual attention
* To focus on deep release of muscle tension, as one learns to transform, rather than hold and repress feelings
* To use acu-point combinations for common problems, including tension in the head, neck, shoulders, back, chest, abdomen, pelvis and extremities
* A simple color-coded method of point combination (chart provided) for release of specific tensions
* The emotional associations of specific segments of chronic tension, or "armoring"
* Taoist Qi Gong: The 8 Silken Movements, which facilitate relaxation and structural-energic balancing
* 8 Special energy pathways called the Extraordinary Vessels, or Strange Flows, and their applications for individual circumstances
* Strange Flow release patterns for body mind relaxation and rejuvenation
* Basic verbal processing and body-focusing skills to assist a release process
* Hara breathing - a Taoist exercise which increases the amount of available qi
* To promote a pleasant state in which one can move out of the head and into the body, accessing inner wisdom
Evaluation Method: Take-home test, attendance and demonstration of skills mastered. Teachers give a JSD® transcript, signing off each class upon completion.
NEXT 40 HOUR BASIC CLASS DATES:
WINTER CLASS: February 7th, 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th, 2014
This is a 5-day class will be held over two weekends, one of which will include a friday. The weekends are not yet set, but will be very soon. They wil come from the last two in October and the second weekend in November.
9:30am - 6:30pm each day with an hour for lunch. This class will be held at 514 E.Sedgwick St., Philadelphia, PA (the E.Mt.Airy section)
*ALL BASIC CLASSES ARE 40 CEU'S. The cost is $525 with a deposit of $125, which is due one week prior to the class, which is is 1/31/14.
**The cost is $475 if paid in full two weeks prior to the start of class, which is Friday 1/24/14)
SIGN UP for classes or free demos by contacting Stephen at 215-247-1228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE DEMO: Saturday January 25th, 2014 from 11:00am - 1:00pm in the waiting room at Dr. Joe's house. (Parking is in front of 514 E. Sedgwick St. in E.Mt.Airy - then walk down the driveway to the door on your right).
Prerequisite: Basic Jin Shin Do® with an Authorized Teacher
* The Six Divisions
* Basic peer counseling skills for processing feelings
* Location and psycho-physical associations of the 12 meridians
* Location of 60 additional points in relation to surrounding anatomy
* Defense mechanisms and defensive attitudes related to the yang meridians
* Emotional spectra related to yin meridians
* Transformation of Qi
* Zang/Fu theory
* Meridian release patterns
* Specific point combinations for energic problems
* Legal-ethical issues
* Building trust
* Assessment of tense segments
* Basic pulse reading
* Use of local-distal point combinations of appropriate meridians
- Students practice with each other daily. A class manual is provided and certificate awarded
Evaluation Method: List or chart of meridian associations; demonstration of skills mastered.
Possibly in March/April 2014 (7 or 8 CLASS DAYS TO BE DETERMINED). If not this time period, then the class will likely take place in May 2014.
*The Intermediate Class is 50 CEU's
NEXT CLASS - to be announced
Cost: $90 including $25 deposit due one week prior to the class
4) Fundamentals of Acupressue
14 hours for NCBTMB
The above class plus the technique and point finding skills needed to practice the patterns on each other.
NEXT CLASS - to be determined
Jin Shin Do® Acupressure is not intended for the diagnosis, treatment or cure of disease. It is a relaxation therapy, and a useful adjunct to licensed, qualified medical or psychological care. For any persistent pain or symptom, even a seemingly minor one, the reader is strongly encouraged to consult a medical doctor. When used in conjunction with standard medical treatment, the Jin Shin Do Acupressure technique can assist the healing process by releasing tension, decreasing
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES:
FREE DEMO: JIN SHIN DO BODYMIND ACUPRESSURE | Saturday, January 25th 11:00 am
A hands-on free demo. Enjoy the experience of holding acu-points in combination - an inner journey of release ...
ARTICLES & PRESS RELEASES:
Sorry, nothing found.
Sorry, nothing found.