Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® Diplomate in Asian Bodywork Therapy, (NCCAOM)
514 E. Sedgwick St. Rear, Philadelphia, PA 19119 215-247-1228 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CEU CLASSES AND SESSIONS AVAILABLE
“Jin Shin Do” means “The Way of the Compassionate Spirit.” Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® classes teach the use of gentle yet deep finger pressure on specific acu-points and verbal Body Focusing techniques, to help release “armoring” or chronic tension, balance the “Qi” or energy, and improve vitality. This clothes-on method helps relieve stress- and trauma- related problems. A unique synthesis of a traditional Japanese acupressure technique, classic Chinese acu-theory, Taoist philosophy, Qigong (breathing and exercise techniques), Reichian segmental theory and principles of Ericksonian psychotherapy, it is recognized as a major form of Asian Bodywork Therapy (by NCCAOM & AOBTA® among others). Originated by psychotherapist Iona Teeguarden, JSD® promotes a pleasant trancelike state, in which one can relax and move out of the head and into the body, accessing feelings and inner wisdom.
Module I (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Bodymind Awareness)
STEPHEN TEACHES THE FOLLOWING CLASSES:
1) Module One: Basic Class
* To locate 55 powerful acu-points with anatomical detail and individual attention
* To focus on deep release of muscle tension, as one learns to transform, rather than hold and repress feelings
* To use acu-point combinations for common problems, including tension in the head, neck, shoulders, back, chest, abdomen, pelvis and extremities
* A simple color-coded method of point combination (chart provided) for release of specific tensions
* The emotional associations of specific segments of chronic tension, or "armoring"
* Taoist Qi Gong: The 8 Silken Movements, which facilitate relaxation and structural-energic balancing
* 8 Special energy pathways called the Extraordinary Vessels, or Strange Flows, and their applications for individual circumstances
* Strange Flow release patterns for body mind relaxation and rejuvenation
* Basic verbal processing and body-focusing skills to assist a release process
* Hara breathing - a Taoist exercise which increases the amount of available qi
* To promote a pleasant state in which one can move out of the head and into the body, accessing inner wisdom
Evaluation Method: Take-home test, attendance and demonstration of skills mastered. Teachers give a JSD® transcript, signing off each class upon completion.
NEXT 40 HOUR BASIC CLASS DATES:
FALL CLASS: Saturday & Sunday September 6th,7th,8th, 14th and 15th, 2013
9:30am - 6:30pm each day with an hour for lunch. This class will be held at 514 E.Sedgwick St., Philadelphia, PA (the E.Mt.Airy section)
*ALL BASIC CLASSES ARE 40 CEU'S. The cost is $475 including a $125 deposit due one week prior to the start of the class
SIGN UP for classes or free demos by contacting Stephen at 215-247-1228 or email@example.com
FREE DEMO: Saturday August 3rd, 2013 from 11:00am - 1:00pm in the waiting room at Dr. Joe's house. (Parking is in front of 514 E. Sedgwick St. in E.Mt.Airy - then walk down the driveway to the door on your right).
Prerequisite: Basic Jin Shin Do® with an Authorized Teacher
* The Six Divisions
* Basic peer counseling skills for processing feelings
* Location and psycho-physical associations of the 12 meridians
* Location of 60 additional points in relation to surrounding anatomy
* Defense mechanisms and defensive attitudes related to the yang meridians
* Emotional spectra related to yin meridians
* Transformation of Qi
* Zang/Fu theory
* Meridian release patterns
* Specific point combinations for energic problems
* Legal-ethical issues
* Building trust
* Assessment of tense segments
* Basic pulse reading
* Use of local-distal point combinations of appropriate meridians
- Students practice with each other daily. A class manual is provided and certificate awarded
Evaluation Method: List or chart of meridian associations; demonstration of skills mastered.
AUGUST 2013 (7 or 8 CLASS DAYS TO BE DETERMINED)
*The Intermediate Class is 50 CEU's
NEXT CLASS - to be announced
Cost: $90 including $25 deposit due one week prior to the class
4) Fundamentals of Acupressue
14 hours for NCBTMB
The above class plus the technique and point finding skills needed to practice the patterns on each other.
NEXT CLASS - to be determined
Jin Shin Do® Acupressure is not intended for the diagnosis, treatment or cure of disease. It is a relaxation therapy, and auseful adjunct to licensed, qualified medical or psychological care. For any persistent pain or symptom, even a seeminglyminor one, the reader is strongly encouraged to consult a medical doctor. When used in conjunction with standardmedical treatment, the Jin Shin Do Acupressure technique can assist the healing process by releasing tension, decreasing
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES:
FREE DEMO: Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® | Saturday, August 3rd 11:00 am
Practice holding acu-point combinations, introduce acu-theory, body focusing, and the Strange Flows...
JIN SHIN DO® BODYMIND ACUPRESSURE® - BASIC CLASS | Friday, September 6th 9:30 am
Learn 55 powerful acupoints in combinations, transforming feelings and releasing deep muscle tension and much more...
ARTICLES & PRESS RELEASES:
Sorry, nothing found.
Sorry, nothing found.